Today we are discussing a great protective style known as Mini Twists, 2 Strand Twists but much smaller.
Pros of Mini Twists:
- Excellent protective style for your tresses, which can last from 2 to 4 weeks.
- Once in, you can style your hair up, down, on the sides, in a bun, all according to your length.
- Easy daily maintenance, just try to be consistent.
Cons of Mini Twists:
- Takes many hours to install, depending on how long your hair is, an average of 3 to 6 hours.
- Have to make sure you prepare your hair well or else, Desert Dry City Week 1!
- Depending on your hair texture, your hair may start to loc after 2 or 3 weeks.
Below are the best sites I found for information on mini twists, just click on name of each site:
FROSTOPPA – Provides pictures plus what she used to achieve style, her hair is amazing and twists are lovely.
NAPTURAL85 – Has an excellent video on how to properly twist our hair so the style can last as long as you wish.
CURLY NIKKI – Gives step by step detail how to do the style plus has pictures so you can follow closely.
Here is what I did to achieve my mini twists (Mom did them for me, so kinda cheated, gotta love our Mamas):
- Finger-Detangled hair with VO5 Conditioner mixed with 1 tbs of Olive Oil.
- Ran wide teeth comb to make sure she was cleared up enough.
- Washed hair with VO5 Shampoo and did a Black Tea Rinse.
- Applied this awesome treatment posted by HappyKinksForever, (left in my hair instead of washing out), click here.
- Did a roller set with above treatment and my Tresemme Conditioner, left to air dry 12 hours.
- Next Morning, Mom did twists and added Oyin Burnt Sugar Pomade to my ends, 5 hours later, TA DA, DONE 😀
Yes, I know, a lot of work but well worth it. Maintenance will be LCO method every 4 days plus pineapple and satin bonnet at night. Intend to keep these lovelies in for 2 or 3 weeks, my hair starts to loc after 2 weeks, so have to keep an eye on her . Here are some pictures:
“Isle of Azure”