Hello My Beauties,
Hope all is well with all of you.
As we know, time is flying by and trying to leave us in the dust, hahaha, at least that is the way I see it, cannot believe how fast October flew past and now we are in November, racing to the end of this year, wheww, but here we are and for that am truly thankful and grateful.
This will be a recap of what have been using on my tresses and what have been taking so you can fully know all details for my hair health, so here we go:
- Okra Treatments – Have been working really well for the health of my hair, slowly but surely, but as we head into the rainier months, a bit harder to have your hair wet every other day due to being harder for her to dry so time to finish off with Okra for now, ta ta!
- Overnight Oil Treatments – Working wonders and Wash Day is a breeze now, this is a serious power work house! The night before Wash Day, place Shea Butter Oil on tresses, put on Shower Caps (2), wrap up and wash out in the morning. Do once every 3 weeks.
- Tresseme Conditioner – As you girls know, this baby continues to work well for my hair, so, it not broke, don’t fix. When styling my hair (Mom does this), we will add the Conditioner, Castor Oil, a Cream (Bonawell Products or Salon Selectives Hair Treatment), mix all 3 together and then she applies to my tresses as she styles into a 2 strand twist, then will add oils to scalp and ends and Voila. Simple is best for my hair and she loves being in 2 strand twists and left alone, will refresh once a week, mostly on Saturdays and that’s all.
- My Hair Oil Mix – Have 2 that I use, one is the Castor Oil by itself, as is thick enough to work by itself. The other is s mix of my Island Oil mixed with Peppermint, Eucalyptus, and Lavender, this one I use to refresh my hair once a week, mainly the ends only.
- Healthy Insides – For my health, have to take Cod Liver Oil, Echinacea, Iron, 1 Biotin (every other day), plus a glass of warm water in the morning and in the evening. I so feel that my hair is also benefiting from this, so we both happy, plus an intake of lots of fruits.
Here is what I will be trying for these next rainier months:
- Olive Oil Treatments – My hair really really really loves Olive Oil by itself, so have switched to using once a week now. Very simple, will add the Oil to my hair, ends, place on a plastic cap, leave for about 30 minutes and then take out and Voila, done, see, easy peasy.
- Shea Butter Cream – Have a thicker cream will start to implement as well in my hair, as my hair needs a thicker cream base in this weather, so will use Curls Unleashed, Curl Defining Cream and see if that works for her, its Shea Butter Base so should work well.
A few pictures of my tresses so you can see how she is doing:
Here is how my Hair Regimen goes and remember, simplicity is the key to success, at least for me, in the end, please do what works for you.
- Style – Simple 2 Strand Twists, done once every 3 weeks, each week, part hair differently and change the size of them to your liking.
- Maintenance 1 – Middle of the week, spritz your ends with a hair spritz of your choice, add a tab of oil to the ends of each twist.
- Maintenance 2 – Once a week, on Saturdays, will refresh with H2O and Olive Oil, focus especially on the ends of your hair.
- Night Before Wash Day – Apply your favorite oils to scalp, hair, ends, put on plastic cap, wrap with scarf and sleep tight.
- Wash Day 1 – Get your fav shampoo, add oils to her as this helps keep her from stripping hair completely and will add slip.
- Wash Day 2 – Undo twist outs and place in 4, 6 or 8 large twists, try to make them all equal in size, this is a big time saver.
- Wash Day 3 – Go through each twist, apply shampoo to scalp, wash downward, apply conditioner and finger detangle as you go.
- Wash Day 4 – Once done detangling, place hair back in twists and once done, YAY. Takes me 1 hour to for this process but worth it.
- Styling Process – Apply Conditioner & Oil Mix, 2 Strand Twists, process varies, large twists will take 1 hour, smaller from 2 to 3.
That’s how we got my styling process from 8 to 4 hours tops, usually it takes 3 hours to do and done, so happy, hahaha.
As with all things, when taking care of your Natural Hair, there are the ups and downs but do not give up, keep at it. Keep it simple, consistent and determined to make things work for your tresses. It is a journey, you are in competition with no one and are at your own pace, love what you have and share what you know. With time, dedication and your hair regimen, you can make this work and Flourish as you go.
Thank you so much for following and supporting my Blog and May You Have a Beautiful Day.
******* Isle of Azure *******