Here is my 11th month since Big Chop, which is now January 2013.
I have learned the following about my natural tresses:
- Love my natural hair, she is unique, gorgeous in her own way, personality 100% , thrives when properly taken care of by owner.
- Natural hair does grow, in my case 1/2″ every month, you CAN get 6″ in length every year, takes time, care, and patience.
- I transitioned for 4 months, BC after that, takes guts, courage and a helping hand from those who love you the most in your life.
- Hair Type is 4C, Kinky, Coily, Ziggly, cottony texture, tightly coiled and wiry, shrinks at 75%, very fragile so requires care.
- Water is her best friend, keeps her well moisturized and healthy, use purified bottled water for sprays and mixes, works better.
- She loves conditioners, especially VO5 for Co-wash & Tresemme for Leave-Ins, these leave her soft to the touch and less tangled.
- Shampoos are a no no, leave her tangled, hard and with 0% moisture, use very rarely, when I do, Deep Condition immediately.
- Oils are excellent for natural hair, like: Olive, Coconut, Avocado, Castor, Carrot, Eucalyptus, Mamey, Almond, Soybean.
- Butters, Creams & Pomades works best for me, very thick and heavy for my tresses, able to keep her moisturized.
- Gels that work are: Eco Styler Argan Oil – leaves her well defined & Aloe Vera Gel – leaves hair extremely soft and chunky.
- Used to washed in sections, but now washing in braids, about 10 to 12, that way it makes it 10 times easier for you.
- I use NO HEAT at all because I do not want her heat damaged in any way, so no heat at all for these tresses.
- Can achieve curl definition only after shingling with gel and left t dry 12 hours in AC with No Touching. Worth It? Nope!
- Takes quite a bit for her to dry so will start in the afternoon, she is half dry by the time am ready for sleep, will dry by morning.
- Comb with jumbo large teeth plastic comb, have sturdy plastic clips for hair, pink satin bonnet to put her up for the night.
- She loves the Winter Months, goes crazy with all the moisture in the air, after a few hours goes POOF! Frizz Central, love it 🙂
- Lots of Hair Accessories such as hair bands, flowers, hair clips & pins, hats, scarves, even use necklaces for a fancy do.
- Favorite Styles are: Twists, Twists Outs, Bantu Knots, Bantu Knot Outs, Roller Sets, Braid Outs, Afros, Fro-hawks.
So girls, my hair lessons learnt up to January 2013, had good and not-so-good hair , when that happened, here’s what I did:
Thank you for reading and keep posted for the finale of my 1 year since BC Post!!! Thanks for reading Bellas.
“Isle of Azure”