Hello My Dears,
Hope you are all well and having an enjoyable evening.
My journey has been going relatively well, as you know, your girl is not in the best of health, always something but that is to be expected in the times we are living in. So for the past month, have been drinking Apple Cider Vinegar, 3 TBS per day in an 8oz glass of water to help me out with some health issues and it worked up and beyond the call of duty, hair loving it too so its a win win plus have been eating a lot more protein foods that I used to which is all good for the hair. Trying to cut out junk food completely, better said than done but will continue to keep at it and decrease my sugar intake, as we know, this is a journey and we adapt, change and keep on going, one day at a time and we enjoy the day as it goes and make the best of things if the day is not going well.
As promised, would share updates with you about my regimen, any tweaks, improvements, so here we go:
Updates on My 4C Hair:
- Tresses are fulling out and getting thicker so sticking with my Simple Regimen for sure.
- Biotin, helping to maintain my hair health, back to drinking once a week now, more than enough.
- Overnight Oil Treatments, have had to adjust to a simple Oil Treatment before my Wash Regimen.
- Rice Water Treatment will take more uses before I rate but so far so good, in 2 months, will update.
- 2 Strand Twists remains my go to style, Mom does about 40 now for a more lasting style and love!
2018 To Work on Progress List:
- Moisturize on a weekly basis , have to come up with a hair spritz for this summer heat that is coming.
- Wrap tresses up at night with a silk scarf, is working very well, much more moisturized in the morning.
- Rice Water Rinses, once every 2 weeks, have to let water sit for 48 hours, leave in for 1 hour then rinse.
- Eat more foods with protein and keep my water intake up, at least 3 glasses of water per day for me.
- Have to take extra care of my ends to avoid breakage and moisture is key, so this will be my focus.
2018 4C Natural Hair Regimen:
- Product – Oil Treatments: Olive Oil, apply to each twist, undo, twists in larger sections, wash.
- Products – Wash Day: Bonawell Shampoo, rinse, finger-detangle with Biotin Conditioner, rinse.
- Hair Treatment – Wash Day: Apply Rice Water, leave in 1 hour, apply shower cap, then rinse.
- Products – Styling: Hair Mix: Tresemme Conditioner, Curls Unleashed Curl Defining Cream & Castor Oil.
- Go to Style: My go to 2 strand twists. For special occasions, Updos, smaller twists or Twist Out.
- Weekly Maintenance: Apply Hair Spritz when needed in the day, cover tresses at night time.
- Hair Spritz: Water, Coconut, Olive or Castor Oil plus essential oils such as mint or lavender.
March 2018 Hair Pictures – Twist Outs
March 2018 Hair Pictures – 2 Strand Twists
These next months, as I continue on my hair regimen, will now start to take notes and track my rice water rinses to see if there are any differences in my hair, will check the hair to see if softer, then will check out shedding and hair elasticity, will also try to remember to take before and after pics of rice rinse to see progress a bit more. Apart from that, am also adding essential oils to my carrier oil which are Olive, the mint essential oil in Olive Oil is excellent for an itchy scalp. The lavender essential oil in Olive Oil is so soothing on your scalp, you will love.
!!!Thank you Dears for Visiting!!!
Please feel free to ask any questions by commenting below or send me a DM through IG: Islandkynks.
Isle of Azure