!!!!!!!!!!!!WELCOME TO ISLANDKYNKS POST!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!APRIL EXCLUSIVE FEATURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!Our Beautiful Natural Sister all the way from Ibadan, Nigeria with a gorgeous name!!!
Here is her Natural Hair Story, do enjoy My Queens,
1) Please introduce your amazing self.
A: Hi everyone, my name is Oluwalonimi Aworinde. Most people call me Nimi. I’m a medical student, hair stylist and blogger at naturalnimi.wordpress. com. I live in Lagos, Nigeria, although I’m originally from Ibadan, also in Nigeria.
2) Did you Transition, Big Chop, Both or Natural from Birth?
A: I was so desperate to get the natural look, and so I big chopped straight up.
3) How long have you been natural?
A: I’ve been natural since June 2013, so that’s about 3 years. I had another big chop in March 2015.
4) What made you return natural?
A: I’ve always loved styling hair. One day, I watched a YouTube tutorial where a lady with natural hair did a Bantu knot out. I tried it out on my relaxed hair, and was disappointed that mine didn’t come out as nice as the vlogger’s. After watching a few more natural hair style tutorials, I decided to cut my hair.
5) How hard or easy was your first year of being natural?
A: The first year was very difficult. I had never had to take care of my hair myself. I had never even shampooed my hair myself before. After about 3 months of total cluelessness, I found a few hair groups on Facebook where I learnt how to care for my hair.
6) What helped you the most, to remain natural?
A: I love the texture of my hair. I have thick 4c hair, and the thought of losing that really coily texture frightens me
7) Your 3 favorite products and why? A:
- Coconut Oil – It’s the only oil that doesn’t make my scalp itch cause it’s so light (My scalp is quite sensitive).
- Cantu Argan Oil Leave-In – It keeps my hair moisturized, makes it so soft, and the smell… lovely 🙂
- Mayonnaise – Yeah, like the type you eat. It’s an excellent deep conditioner. Works perfect for me.
8) What do you love about your unique tresses?
A: I love everything about it(except shrinkage). I love the beautiful texture, I love the way it defies gravity, I love it’s versatility. I can go on and on.
9) What is your least favorite task when dealing with your natural hair?
A: Washing! I hate dealing with the shrinkage that comes with it.
10) How do you inspire other girls to return natural?
A: By always wearing my hair in a neat and beautiful way. Also on my blog, I share my hair stories and try to show others how to easily manage even the most “stubborn” hair.
11) So far in your journey, what is your favorite hair style?
A: The puff!!!
Natural Beauty – Styling
😀 This post shows us how important it is for each one of us to share our story, you never know who will inspire to return Natural 😀
❤ Thank you My Loves for reading, many thank yous Lovely Nimi and you all have a beautiful day 😀