!!!!!!!!!!!!WELCOME TO ISLANDKYNKS POST!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!MARCH EXCLUSIVE FEATURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Say Hello to an Absolutely Beautiful Naturalista!
Here is her Natural Hair Story, do enjoy My Queens,
1) Please introduce your amazing self.
A: My name is P.A., and I’m literally from all over. I was born in Nigeria, lived in over 13 countries before the age of 10, but spent the majority of that time in England. I currently live in Texas. My natural hair is a mixture of 3c, 4a, 4b, and 4c—so I simply that to “Kinky, Curly, Coily”.
2) Did you Transition, Big Chop, Both or Natural from Birth?
A: I transitioned long-term for just under two years.
3) How long have you been natural?
A: My last relaxer was on May 4, 2013 (yay!) and I cut off all the relaxed ends by February 22, 2015.
4) What made you return natural?
A: My choice to go natural was a practical one—relaxers ate through my scalp and left it bleeding with sores. Since I actually like my scalp, I decided that not using relaxers was in my best interest.
5) How hard or easy was your first year of being natural?
A: My first year of transitioning was spent mostly in protective styles (my favorite is crochet braids). Honestly, the most challenging thing was perception—perception of myself and other’s perception of me. When you get used to a certain look (my mother put relaxers in my hair at the age of 8), you associate a part of yourself with that look. It was a daunting thing to have to imagine myself without what I considered my “norm.” Plus, since I’m an attorney, I worried that people would make disparaging remarks about my hair at the office.
6) What helped you the most, to remain natural?
A: At first, necessity. Like I said above, I stopped using relaxers because of the damage it did to my scalp. There really was no other alternative. But after a while, I realized that I liked my natural hair. I started to grow impatient with the straight stringy ends and cut them off before my full two-year goal lol.
7) Your 3 favorite products and why? A:
- Coconut Oil (because, really, who isn’t koo-koo for coconut? Lol)
- Shea Butter (best sealant ever)
- A Number of SheaMoisture Products (is that cheating?? I couldn’t pick just one!)
8) What do you love about your unique tresses?
A: The versatility and how manageable it actually is. I’ve finally mastered the art of the wash and go for my many textures, and I’ve become quite good at crochet braids when my hair needs a break.
9) What is your least favorite task when dealing with your natural hair?
A: Um…detangling—like you had to ask!
10) How do you inspire other girls to return natural?
A: I try to show various manageable and beautiful ways to wear our hair in its natural state and share those ideas on my blog and social media.
11) So far in your journey, what is your favorite hair style?
A: I’d have to say the wash and go.
Natural Beauty – Hair Style Galore
Natural Beauty – Beautiful
Twitter: @DallerNaturel (http://www.twitter.com/DallerNaturel)
Instagram: @DallerNaturel (http://www.instagram.com/DallerNaturel)
Google +: +D’allerNaturel (http://google.com/+dallernatureldotcom)
😀 This post shows us the Beauty of our Natural Hair and to Love, Care and Treasure our Tresses 😀
❤ Thank you Loves for reading, many thank yous Dear PA and thank you for your patience, Enjoy the Day 😀