!!!WELCOME TO ISLANDKYNKS BLOG FEATURE!!!
Our next guest is one awesome blogger and Naturalista!
A beautiful head of curls, gorgeous smile and a sweet girl, let us meet her.
Here is her Natural Hair Story, do enjoy my sweets:
1) Please introduce your amazing self.
A: Hey Ya! My name is D’Arcy I’m a graduate student, blogger from New York and a lover of all things natural.
2) Did you Transition, Big Chop, Both or Natural from Birth?
A: I did both. I transitioned for 10 months before doing my big chop. Yes, I did it my self 😀
3) How long have you been natural?
A: I’ve been natural for 4 years. In 2010 I decided I had enough of the chemicals and paying way too much money at the salons for a style that lasted only a few days.
4) What made you return natural?
A: I was never really happy with my hair straight. I got a relaxer when I was 6 and continued to have them done until I was 21. I always wanted the curls and would settle for straw curls but it wasn’t the same. After researching on YouTube I decided to start my transition process.
5) How hard or easy was your first year of being natural?
A: My first year was really hard. It was very difficult mixing the different textures and my friends all had relaxed hair so I was very tempted at times but my family and friends were very supportive and would snap me out of it when I was tempted. My inspiration was Bargain Princess on YouTube.
6) What helped you the most, to remain natural?
A: I would say the support of my friends and family and the amazing online community. Also the fact that I stopped going to the salon and gave my flat iron away. I started doing my hair myself and understanding what it wanted.
7) Your 3 favorite products and why?
A: My favorite products are Coconut Oil, Shea Butter and Black Tea. Being natural has also inspired me to create my own products and I haven’t used anything else since. Crazy4Coconut
- I use my Handmade Coconut Oil every other day in my hair (It loves this stuff).
- I use my Handmade Shea Butter Mix for braid outs/ twist outs it gives my hair great hold and keeps it moisturized.
- I do a Black Tea Rinse once a month.
8) What do you love about your unique tresses?
A: I love that my hair has a mind of its own. It’s voluminous and healthy.
9) What is your least favorite task when dealing with your natural hair?
A: My least favorite task is definitely wash day. When my hair was shorter wash day was the best. Detangling was a breeze but now, not so much.
10) How do you inspire other girls to return natural?
A: I inspire others by telling them my journey as well as showing them that even though it may be difficult at the beginning returning to natural is not hard once you set your mind to it and your hair will definitely thank you in the long run.
11) So far in your journey, what is your favorite hair style?
A: I have a few favorite hairstyles. Throughout my journey I always love my Wash and Go´s and recently due to the cold weather I’ve been doing 3 Strand Twist Outs which give an amazing definition.
Natural Beauty – Styles Galore
😀 Beautiful example of how Family can play an important key once you return natural, not only supporting you but encouraging you to don´t give up 😀
Would you like to know more information about our curls galore naturalista, then then on to her Blog: Crazy4Coconut
❤ Thank you Dolls for reading , many thank yous to Ms. D´ Arcy for participating & Enjoy the rest of your day ❤