!!!WELCOME TO ISLANDKYNKS BLOG FEATURE!!!
Our next guest is my Amazing Natural Hair Sister Sister,
Gorgeous, the Epitone of Kindess & Beautiful, this is one Naturalista who tries it all so we can learn much from her.
Here is her Natural Hair Story, do enjoy my sweets:
1) Please introduce your amazing self.
A: The transition from relaxed hair to natural hair was a pleasant transition, I must say! I really did not plan on becoming natural it just kind of happen! My name is Yolonda Moore, known as Londa by close friends & family! I work part-time in Government and full-time in voluntary religious services, helping ones to learn what the Bible teaches! With such a busy schedule, usually time is not on my side so I need ‘ready to go hair’. The versatility I get from natural hair keeps me on “Team Natural!!”
2) Did you Transition, Big Chop, Both or Natural from Birth?
A: I did the big chop!!!! I did not plan on cutting my hair or going natural but it was the solution to a bad hair due. My scalp was severely burned and my hair was damaged by a student at a hair school. So I said “ SHAVE IT ALL OFF” and it was the best hair decision to date!
3) How long have you been natural?
A: I have been natural for about 4 years now! I don’t let my hair grow too long. I prefer to keep it on the shorter side.
4) What made you return natural?
A: Being Natural allows me to take care of my own hair! I saved money and time. Avoiding long hours at a salon is always a bonus! Also, I enjoy researching what works best for my hair. It allows me to make sure my hair is getting exactly what it needs to be healthy and happy!
5) How hard or easy was your first year of being natural?
A: In the beginning my transition was easy because my hair was shaved. Once my hair started to grow out it was difficult. I had to learn what worked best for my hair. My hair is very very dry so I had to learn how to maintain it so that it did not look stiff and brittle.
6) What helped you the most, to remain natural?
A: The versatility Natural hair offers helps me to remain natural. When I feel that I want to change my hair then I can do braids, wraps, extensions or even wigs! So I have so many options I can choose from and still have healthy hair which is my ultimate goal!
7) Your 3 favorite products and why? A:
- Pantene Relaxed and Natural Conditioner – This product keeps my hair soft & shiny. It gives me the results I like!
- Hollywood Beauty Carrot Oil – It’s very affordable. I prefer it in the spray bottle. It keeps my hair from breaking off because it not heavy oil but very light and I love the smell of this product.
- Africa’s Best Organics Olive Oil Foam Wrap Lotion – it is the best wrapping lotion I love the finish look it gives my hair and it helps define my curls!
8) What do you love about your unique tresses?
A: I love my hair because I can “Fro” my hair out brush it and go!! Or I can add a little conditioner and water and have a curl to my hair. My hair is truly versatile in it natural state.
9) What is your least favorite task when dealing with your natural hair?
A: Getting it trimmed up! I am always afraid that too much is going to be cut off! I would love to learn how to do it myself so that I do not have to worry. That is the least favorite task that I can think of.
10) How do you inspire other girls to return natural?
A: Educating them on healthy hair because I feel that is my ultimate goal. However, most are fearful of the unknown so I highlighting my experience as an adventure. When I hear I don’t think I would ever go natural” I always say “Well try it, you might just like it” and highlight the positives changes I see in my hair’s health and growth since choosing to join “Team Natural!”
11) So far in your journey, what is your favorite hair style?
A: Short & Colored Tapered in the back with the top longer.
Extensions, Head Wraps, Wig, Permed Beauty
Big Chop Beauty
Words of Wisdom For Us:
When you know better, you do better.
😀 We are inspired by this post to strive for healthy natural hair, try all different styles possible while having fun and enjoying your hair journey 😀
Would you like to know more information about our very darling Naturalista, then please, comment, leave your email and she will contact you.
❤ Thank you My Girls for reading , many thank yous to Ms. Yolanda for participating & You All Have a Fantastic Day ❤