!!!WELCOME TO ISLANDKYNKS BLOG FEAUTURE!!!
Ms. King is our following guest and she is such a dear.
With her doll face, amazing hair and gorgeous smile, she is a true beauty and hard worker!
Here is her Natural Hair Story, enjoy my ladies:
1) Please introduce your amazing self.
A: My name is Saran P King. I am a physician by profession and passionate about living a healthy lifestyle. I am also totally in love and obsessed with my natural hair.
2) Did you Transition, Big Chop, Both or Natural from Birth?
A: The first time I transitioned my hair it was because it came out bone straight which I didn’t like very much and the second time because of severe breakage.
3) How long have you been natural?
A: I have been natural all my childhood days and most of my adult life. While in university I wanted a change of hair style and decided to texturize my hair on two separate occasions long term transitioning both times.
4) What made you return natural?
A: Transitioning my hair from the chemically processed state to natural was very easy and the only choice for me. That is because I was used to having my natural hair and I didn’t know how to care for it, in any other state at the time.
5) How hard or easy was your first year of being natural?
A: It was easy for me to transition because I was used to having my natural hair and in protective styles most of the time. In the first year, I struggled with dryness a lot but not any more.
6) What helped you the most, to remain natural?
A: I kept my natural hair because I like it in that state and it was easier for me to care for it that way.
7) Your 3 favorite products and why?
A: My 3 favorite products are:
- Water: because it is the only product that truly moisturizes your tresses and I like to see how my strands pop when they are wet.
- Herbal Essence Hello Hydration Conditioner: because it is all purpose for me. It can act as a cleaner for wash and goes, conditioner and deep conditioner and as a leave in conditioner and of course the smell is amazing.
- Grape-Seed Oil: because this is also multipurpose. I can use it as a detangler, I use it to seal in moisture and it leaves no smell behind..
8) What do you love about your unique tresses?
A: What I like the most about my hair is that it is all mine. I have to option to make it straight without committing to a chemical process and I love love love how my coils pop and bounce with a wash and go for instance.
9) What is your least favorite task when dealing with your natural hair?
A: My least favorite task is detangling my hair before washing
10) How do you inspire other girls to return natural?
A: I am not sure if I inspire other girls to return natural as I would never force anyone to do so. That is a personal journey. What I do hope is that persons can appreciate not only their natural hair but they beauty when they see me rock my natural hair.
11) So far in your journey, what is your favorite hair style?
A: My two favorite hair styles are 2 strand twists (of any size) and any version of a bun.
😀 Your story inspires us strive for natural hair but also to respect others decisions about how to maintain their tresses 😀
Would you like to know more information about our very cool Naturalista, then on to her Blog: AntiguaBarbudaGirl
❤ Thank you My Divas for reading & many thanks to Ms. Saran for participating & You All Have an Amazing Day ❤