!!!WELCOME TO ISLANDKYNKS FIRST BLOG FEATURE!!!
Ms. Miller is our first guest and she is indeed a doll 😀
Her sweet personality, gorgeous freckles and amazing natural hair are just a few things you notice at first.
Here is her Natural Hair Story, hope you do enjoy:
1) Please introduce your amazing self.
A: Hello! My name is Adrianne and I am super geek-tastic blogger from Southern California that loves food, heels, and writing.
2) Did you Transition, Big Chop, Both or Natural from Birth?
A: I have been natural since birth. I tried to get a perm when I was younger but my mom told me no, lol. Even though I’ve never had a perm I have had a long relationship with the pressing comb and a flat iron.
3) How long have you been natural?
A: I’ve been natural my whole life BUT as of September 2014 I’ve stopped using heat on my hair all together and have been using all natural products on my hair.
4) What made you return natural?
A: I returned to my natural texture because I wanted my hair to be healthy. I’ve never had a problem with retaining length; I just wanted long hair that was healthy as well. I also found out that I’m allergic to most hair care products so I had to start using natural products like honey, clay, and oils to retain the health of my hair. And straightening my hair on top of mixing my own products seemed like more trouble than it was worth.
5) How hard or easy was your first year of being natural?
A: I’m still in my first year of being “all natural” but it has been getting easier and easier as each month passes. The first month had to be the hardest with finding a regiment that I could stick with and fighting urge to flat iron my hair.
6) What helped you the most, to remain natural?
A: There are a couple of things that helped me remain natural. The first thing is the fact that I threw way my flat iron, LOL! I’m not tempted to go back to straighten my hair because I don’t have the tools and it’s not in the budget to get a new one. Another reason is my allergy. Because I can’t use a lot of the products I used to straighten my hair, I just don’t bother.
7) Your 3 favorite products and why?
A: My three favorite products are:
- Burdock Root Butter Cream from Qhemet Biologics – I love BRBC because it’s light, keeps my hair moisturized, it smells great, and it doesn’t irritate my scalp.
- Bentonite Clay – This stuff does wonderful things my hair and scalp. Clean, soft, and springing is what I get every time I use it!
- Honey – My hair and scalp loves honey. I use it to deep condition my hair and part of a rinse every week my hair is much healthier for it.
8) What do you love about your unique tresses?
A: I love how soft my hair is. I also love that all I have to do to my hair in the morning is take it out my twist, shake it a little, and keep it pushing, LOL!
9) What is your least favorite task when dealing with your natural hair?
A: My least favorite task when it comes to dealing with my hair would have to be keeping it moisturized. I live in a very dry climate so I’m forever fighting to keep moister in my hair.
10) How do you inspire other girls to return natural?
A: I try to inspire other girls to return to their natural by showing them that it’s not hard to do. I mean, if I can do it (and I’m someone who is prone to screw-ups) then anyone can!
11) So far in your journey, what is your favorite hair style?
A: My favorite hair style so far would have to be a Twist Out. It’s easy to set and once I’ve taken the twist out I don’t have to do anything else to it until I want to or go to wash it again.
😀 Your story inspires us all to remain on our journey for beautiful natural healthy hair 😀
Would you like to know more information about our awesome Naturalista, then on to her Blog: Awkwardly Natural
❤ Thank you My Dears for reading, many thanks to Ms. Adrienne for participating & You All Have an Amazing Day ❤