Good Morning Lovelies,
Today my 2 Week Challenge starts, but first let me explain why I am doing this.
Yesterday was wash day and experienced twice the shedding I normally do, freaked out, YES, but then started to think and I can figure out what happened. Here is my theory:
The past month I have been finger detangling, doing a tea-leave in, doing apple cider rinse, washed with a strong shampoo, scratching scalp like crazy plus doing protective style one week, but loose styles second week and manipulating my hair a lot, so as you can see, this amounts to a whole lot of shedding right!!! Should have know better but we live and learn and boy have I learned my lesson from this trial.
So then of course something has to be done, that is where the challenge comes in. For the next 2 weeks will do the following:
- Hair will be kept in small twists for protective style.
- Will apply Aloe Vera Gel (the plant) to my ends & scalp daily and hair every 3 days – Morning Time.
- Do the LCO (Liquid-Cream-Oil) method every 4 days. – Night Time.
- Wrap tresses every night with satin scarf and voila, that’s it.
My Wash Day will also be simplified the following manner for the next 2 1/2 months:
- Detangle hair with oil, conditioner and place in 12 big loose twists.
- Will Finger-Comb and run wide teeth comb to make sure hair is fully detangled, gently of course 🙂
- Wash hair and follow up with tea rinse this time.
- Proceed to style in twists or braids, or any other protective style.
Improvements I will love to see with this 2 week challenge:
- Less Shedding, at least only 1400 hairs, we lose 100 a day times 2 weeks, yes I count when shedding increases 😀
- Healthier hair with Sheen
- Length increased by 1/2″
Thank you for reading ladies, will stick to this challenge and keep you updated every 3 days.
“Isle of Azure”