My Wash Day Process
3 Things to know about My Wash Days:
- Done Once Every 2 Weeks
- Hair is Stretched from 2 Week Styles
- Work with my hair damp, not soaking wet
- Using Shampoo once a Month (hair requires it now that she is getting longer)
- 1 Cup of VO5 Conditioner
- ½ Cup of Vegetable Oil
- 1 Wide Tooth Comb
- ¼ Cup of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 4 TBS of VO5 Clarifying Shampoo (Mix with 4 spoons of Oil – your Preference)
- 3 Bags of Black Pekoe Tea
- 1 Barrel of H2O 🙂 Just Kidding
- Old T-Shirt or Towel
Here it is Step by Step:
- Braid hair in 25 loose braids – You may do this the night before.
- Proceed to apply oil & conditioner to each individual braid while finger combing (run a wide tooth comb through gently to make sure there are no tangles). Saturate ends with oil so it’s easier to detangle. When done detangling, braid again so it’s easier to wash.
- Continue until done with rest of braids – Takes About 1 to 2 hours 🙂
- Pour ¼ of Apple Cider Vinegar in 4 cups of Water, stir in container and let it sit for a few minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare Tea Rinse or Leave In (whichever you prefer). Fill pot with 6 cups of water and 3 tea bags, boil for 15 minutes. Take pot off stove, take out tea bags and let the brew cool for another 15 minutes. You can add another 3 cups of water so it cools quicker.
- Rinse hair with water.
- Pour Apple Cider Vinegar Mix over tresses until hair is well saturated, wash away. Make sure you keep eyes closed because it will sting, know this well 😀
- Undo & Wash each individual braid & scalp with the Shampoo Mix. Will remove any product residue left in your hair. Braid once finished, yes, it’s easier.
- Arms are starting to really hate Wash Days at this moment.
- Rinse hair fully with Water.
- Pour Tea Mix over your hair, squeeze as much water out as possible.
- Grab T-shirt or old towel, place on your back so you don’t drip all over 🙂
- Stretch hands, neck, back, legs, be thankful this is done only twice a month.
- Hair should be glistening all over, happy and sparkles!!!
- On to your own styling process, up do’s, braids, twists, locs, roller set, etc.
- Let style Air Dry and VOILA, you are DONE!!!! Total Time: 5 Hours.
Never noticed how much things I go through on Wash Day for my hair, she is spoiled rotten!!! But she rewards me with fabulous styles, big hair and a different look every single time she is styled so am not complaining, at least not too much 🙂
Like a tree, our hair needs to be maintained regularly and taken care of a lot, but the benefits are lush growth and beaming tresses, like the picture of this tree posted here. It takes time, effort and patience but in the end, like the tree your hair will be beautiful, grow healthy and reward you with grand, magnifique hair you deserve.
Thanks for reading ladies, share your Wash Days Tips, will love to hear about it.
“Isle of Azure”