What a rainy day on the Island, tresses are loving the moisture in the air.
Today is a review of my new hair cream which involves….. Crisco… yes… you read correctly 🙂 Will it work I thought? What better way to find out then to research, the best information I found is from these 3 great gals, check them out:
- How To Go Natural: http://www.how-to-go-natural.com/products-homemade-store-bought/crisco-for-hair-results-pics-calvis-mix-science/
- Your Natural Hair: http://yournaturalhair.com/making-and-using-the-crisco-hair-conditioner/
- Natreview: http://www.natreview.com/2012/06/21/have-you-tried-crisco-in-your-hair/
After reading above reviews, was convinced had to try this, so doved in and did the following recipe:
- 2 Tablespoons of Crisco
- 2 Tablespoons of Eco Styler Gel (Use gel of your preference)
- 1 Teaspoon of Glycerin
- 3 Tablespoons of Olive Oil (Use oil of your preference)
- 4 Tablespoons of Tresemme Conditioner (Use what works for you)
Mix all ingredients together in jar until it’s really thick and creamy 🙂 The results?!!
It worked! My tresses are super soft, light, moisturized to the tee, very puffy plus lots of sheen. Fantastic for roller sets, loose twists, updo’s, seals ends very well.
If you have the products at home, want to try something new & are an adventurous type, then go for it, let me know how it works for your own lovely hair texture.
Thank you for all your great comments and Happy Healthy Hair Days.
“Isle of Azure”